Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Overboard


I have a tendency to go overboard. It's no secret that the reason I gained weight was by going overboard. And today, big surprise, I went overboard. These last few days I have been determined to eat only low carb foods, so today when someone in the office ordered pizza I thought to myself, "Great! I can just eat the cheese off the top and be A-OK!" I have done this many times before and done just fine. Not today!

Today I went overboard! I hurried into the break room so I could select the two largest pieces of the yummy garlic chicken (everyone's favorite) and scurried back into my office so I could scrape the cheese off my pizza in peace. As I threw the pizza bones in the trash I realized I was in no shape or form full, so figured I could go get one more piece! So I did. But I didn't stop there. Imagine my delight when I realized there was one more piece of the garlic chicken left! You know that feeling you get when you see only one of your very favorite thing, like you better snatch it up and scream, "I GOT IT, IT'S MINE!"? That is how I felt. So I ate that piece too, and laid the last pizza bone to rest in the trash. (I even covered up the bones with a bunch of papers so no one would find the evidence and think I was (gasp) a pig!)

It wasn't until I was finished consuming a brick of cheese that I realized that even though I was eating low carb, I probably just consumed a gazillion calories! I obsessed about it the rest of the day and decided that the only thing I could do to melt the cheese was to have an "Epic Workout"

Here is another instance of me going overboard today! I told Maya I wanted to do cardio for an hour, and holy crap is an hour long! Jumping jacks was not the best idea at a time like that. As the cheese rolled around in my stomach, I thought to myself, "Why do I always have to go OVERBOARD?"

The moral of this story is always give your cat a kiss.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You inspired me to go work out last night with this blog. But I will never give up my carbs.
--Your Sis!

October 21, 2004 at 3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home