Friday, October 08, 2004

Sans Arm?



I do not have good news to report today. Today was the official weigh in, and sadly I did not lose any weight. I was pretty pissed off this morning, but as of right now I'm over it. I am telling myself that it's because I gained muscle, and even though I might not have lost any fat, well that's just too damn bad.

I am not however, taking this as a sign that I should give up. No one ever said it would be easy to lose weight. This is a slow process, especially since I am doing it the healthy way. I do feel healthier and more confident and that's all I can ask for so far.

I have bigger things to worry about as of now then my weight. My poor, poor kitty is really in a tough spot. She has had her cast on now for almost two months and unfortunately, her arm is not healing at all. In fact, it is the same as day one when we broke it!

We are at a point right now where we have to make a very tough decision. Surgery is inevitable. And beyond the expense of such an endeavor, we have to decide what type of surgery to have. Unfortunately, amputation is one of the choices. I am just hoping, it doesn't turn out to be the best choice for Jill.

The other option we have is a procedure that would place pins inside her arm, with an external fixture that would support the pins. That means she would have an apparatus sticking out of her bloody arm for who knows how long. It would also mean that she would have to have some sort of follow up procedure to remove the apparatus. It was also include rehabilitation of the arm, and possible complications from surgery that could ultimately result in amputation anyway. Now you see our dilemma. We want to save her arm, but if it's just not possible for our poor kitty, we will have to accept that. I have heard stories of plenty of happy three legged kitties. Let's just hope Jilley girl doesn't have to be one of those.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home